We are very proud of our latest 'excellent' Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) Inspection Report.
In September 2017, The Paragon was visited by a team of inspectors from Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) and they spent three days with us, observing lessons, talking to children and staff, including our Early Years department (Nursery & Reception) and ensuring the compliance of our documentation. We were among the first schools to be inspected under the new framework and, as the Reporting Inspectors frequently reminded us, the bar has been set higher than ever!
The grades used by the ISI are: 1. Excellent 2. Good 3. Satisfactory 4. Unsatisfactory.
As you read the report, you will see that there is much to celebrate. We are
thrilled that we have been judged ‘excellent’ in all areas (the highest
category a school can achieve). We are delighted that the report is so full of
praise for the whole school community – the fantastic staff, pupils and
parents, along with our dedicated governors, who make The Paragon the wonderful
place it is.
The quality of our pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils make excellent progress and are highly successful in their entry to their chosen senior schools, with many winning academic and other scholarships and awards.
- Pupils achieve substantial success in a wide range of extra-curricular activities. Their art work is outstanding and they excel in sport.
- Pupils are confident communicators. They speak eloquently, listen attentively, and write creative and factual reports expressively
- Pupils’ attitudes to learning are exemplary.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent.
- Pupils demonstrate notably strong self-understanding and confidence.
- Pupils’ social development is excellent. They work together extremely well and display considerable social maturity.
- Pupils delight in contributing positively to the lives of others and demonstrate great initiative in their support for local and international charities.
- Pupils take their responsibilities seriously. They are supportive of one another and have a very clear understanding of the differences between right and wrong.
The Paragon's results are outstanding and we are delighted to have retained the highest standards since our last inspection in 2011. We look forward to working with colleagues and governors on further action plans following the report, which, of course, gives us a tremendous mandate to build on in the next phase of our school's development.
On behalf of the Board of Governors and of the Local Governance Committee we would like to add our congratulations for such an excellent report which has underlined for us the hard work which continues to be put in by the Head and senior management as well as our academic and administrative staff which has underlined for us their commitment and hard work. We are delighted that the inspectors saw for themselves how eager to learn and mutually supportive the pupils are and how they work exceptionally well with their teachers.Mr Michael King, Chair, and Mrs Nicky Pearson, Chair of The Paragon LGC